Sunday, June 13, 2010

BBQ ribs with French fries and vinegar slaw

Our first dinner on the patio was my finger licking good barbecued ribs, home made vinegar coleslaw and some crispy French fries. After prepping the ribs with a chili powder rub I slow cooked the ribs in the oven on 200 for three hours. Then I coat them in PC Smokin Stampede bbq sauce and heat them on the barbecue using indirect heat. I cooked the French fries on the barbecue too. The coleslaw is a mix of vinegar, sugar, olive oil, celery seed and a tsp of mayo.

Also pictured here is one of the very refreshing mojitos we enjoyed on the patio this afternoon ;)


2 comments:

Longwood said...

I have a giant slab of "baby-back ribs" to bbq when you and Rod return east.

PsycChicMegaWatts said...

That looks like heaven on a plate. That smokin stampede BBQ sauce is a great choice. I've also had great success with Dianna's Chicken and rib but I boil it down to make it a bit thicker to BBQ with. It's too runny for ribs right out of the bottle. Messy over sauced ribs is the way to go.