Sunday, May 22, 2011

Natalie's secret potato salad recipe...

Our lunch on Saturday comprised of home made potato salad and an all beef hot dog on the barbecue. So good!!! I have waited and waited for weather worthy of my home made potato salad. Here's my secret recipe...

The secret to my potato salad is that I mash about 1/4 of the potatoes and half the hard boiled eggs and mix them in with the chopped boiled potatoes and hard boiled eggs. I mix about 1/2 cup worth of finely diced red onion, 1/4 cup diced radishes, 1/4 cup diced celery and 1/4 chopped fresh parsley with white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar and let it sit in the fridge about half an hour. I mix my chopped potatoes and hard boiled eggs with the mashed potatoes and hard boiled eggs, mix in the onion/radish mixture, add about 1/2 cup Miracle Whip plus salt and pepper and paprika to taste. Let chill in the fridge a couple of hours for the best results. It's also really good prepared the day before.  For an added zip, add chopped bread and butter pickles to the mix... So good for summer barbecues.

No comments: