Saturday, September 24, 2011

Take me to Jaleo (DC that is)

Most chez plouffe followers have probably heard Rod and I rave about our new favourite restaurant in Vegas, Jaleo, at the Cosmopolitan hotel. Jaleo is the renowned Spanish tapas restaurant of chef José Andrés and originated in Washington, DC. So you can imagine what restaurant was at the top of my list when we moved to  a hotel downtown while in the DC area on business last week. JALEO DC!

The atmosphere was completely different than in Las Vegas, but the kitchen at Jaleo DC didn't disappoint. Most of the menu was the same with some interesting variants. The food was amazing!

After comparing the two I think I still prefer Jaleo LAS, mainly for the atmosphere (they have a giant paella pit in the centre of the restaurant!). The food was equally delicious and I will continue to recommend this restaurant for Vegas and DC visitors alike.


Link to our visit to Jaleo LAS in May 2011 with Emily and Sander Duncanson.
Link to our visit to Jaleo LAS in January 2011 for our anniversary.

1 comment:

PsycChicMegaWatts said...

Someone looks realllly excited!!

2 of my fav things: a menu and a glass of wine!

~A